Tuesday, November 8, 2011

sometimes we just need to reflect...

When life SMACKS you in the face, it can be difficult to do anything but pitty your situation.  There seems to be nothing to move you forward and you can't seem to see the end of the tunnel?  Well, I've had an anxiety filled 2 weeks and I sort of slipped into this way of thinking (the "poor me!" thing).  I was wandering around, picking up random clutter in my home and I came upon a short story I wrote about a year ago.  It was tucked into the pages of one of my many notebooks.  It caused me to reflect.  Suddenly it didn't seem to matter that my oldest daughter has been in 2 car accidents in the last 2 weeks, and because of one of the accidents we now need to fix 2 of our neighbors brick/rock mailboxes!  The list goes on...but I'll spare you, because that's not exactly what this post is about ;]
Anyway...back to the story I found in my notebook.  Here is what it said...

"I remember the first crafty gift I made was for a gruff and wiry old man named Jack.  He worked in my grandpas tire shop.  I was 6 years old and my gift was made from the lid of a mason jar and some random, happy, colorful pictures I cut out of my grandmas Better Homes and Gardens Magazine.  I glued as many pictures as I could to the inside of that lid, walked out into the busy shop and gave my old, rough friend his 'made with love' creation. I will always remember his genuine laugh, putting me up on his knee and with his arm around my shoulder he gave me a gentle squeeze of thanks."

I love this story.  I forgot that I even wrote it down.  I feel like maybe we need to think of the way we did things when we were little and our minds were open.  It's always refreshing to get a few of those cob webs out of the corners of our brain :]

Happy Reflecting!
lisajp :]

No comments:

Post a Comment