Friday, September 16, 2011

some favorite music...

I was driving on the freeway this afternoon just contemplating how I could make things even better next week for my little preschoolers?  For some wacky reason, I began doubting my abilities and became kind of sad!  Then that just made me mad!  So a combobulation (word? idk?) of feelings came flooding in.  I thought...gosh, where did the peace go that I seemed to be enjoying just a minute ago???  Just at that moment, one of my favorite songs by my very favorite band started playing on my iphone.  I instantly became happy and all my doubts and crazy thoughts of failure were gone.  Here are the words to the song...

Secret Crowds - Angels and Airwaves:
If I had my own world...
I'd fill it with wealth and desire, A glorious past to admire
And voices of kids out walking dogs, birds, planes, trees, cleanest cars

If I had my own world, I'd love it for all that's inside it
There'd be no more wars, death or riots
There'd be no more police, packed parking lots, guns, bombs sounding off

If I had my own world, I'd build you an empire
From here to the far lands, to spread love like violence.

Let me feel you, carry you higher.  Watch your words spread hope like fire.
Secret Crowds rise up and gather.  Hear your voices, sing back louder!

If I had my own world, I'd show you the life that's in side it.
The way that it glows when you find it.
The way it survives with it's families, friends or it's enemies.

Let's make this a new world, I swear you can go if you want to
I know that you have that within you.
Inventing the first clean and usable, God's greatest miracle!

....Then it just goes on to repeat some of it's verses.  My Iphone was on shuffle.  I'm in no way saying this was a miracle, or sign from above, but it was just what I needed at just that very moment.  Anyone who knows me understands that I would almost go overboard to make a sad person happy, a hurt person feel better, someone who is troubled feel loved.  It all makes me sound like an amazing person...yah, no.  It's actually a pain in the back side most of the time :]  It just makes one worry more than one needs!  So just the idea of being able to create a perfect world, especially for children who don't live in one, or family members who you love so much, or even just the homeless guy you saw on the side of the road...it inspired me, now I'm happy!  The power of music...it's magic sometimes ;]

Wishing everyone a random, great, music moment...
Miss Lisa :]

p.s. - yes, I was rocking the air guitar, drums and lead vocals in my car....and why wouldn't I?  I'm SO multi-talented when I'm in my car :D

No comments:

Post a Comment