Thursday, February 2, 2012

on my way....ahhhh

I'M ON MY WAY TO THIS VERY PLACE....OH, SO NICE
Sometimes you just need a little R and R.  I'm going to get some!  I love nothing more (except my family) than to be in the warmth of the sun.  It revitalizes me.  I thank the Lord all the time for the opportunities and blessings that enable us to visit such amazing little islands.

I love being among different cultures.  The food, people and land...it all astounds me.  When we visited New Zealand I just could not get over how green it was and how friendly and relaxed the people were.  The food wasn't my favorite...pretty bland, BUT the fish and chips were divine!   Hawaii is terrific too!  I love Maui, but have a special place in my heart for Kona.  I would be SO thin and fit if I lived in Hawaii...all I would eat is papaya stuffed with cottage cheese and macadamia nuts, and it's flat...so I wouldn't mind jogging everyday ;]

However, next week I'll be in the Carribean with my most awesome husband and some of our friends and family.  This will be our 14th cruise, so I've lost track of all the islands I've seen...but, what I do know is that my hub's and I love Trunk Bay.  Yep, that's the picture above...and if you've been there, you know what I'm talking about!  Admittedly, it's not my most favorite beach (as far as how the sun hits the sand - how's that for spoiled???) but it has a feeling of fresh warm air, tranquility and the snorkling is fantastic!  It just holds a dear place in our hearts :]  So, needless to say...I'm Stoked!  Rest and Relaxation - HERE I COME!

Wishing you peace...even if there's snow instead of sunshine ;]
lisajp

ps - a cruise is a great time (and my ONLY time) to read a very good book!  I plan on reading Heaven Is Real, and finishing Literacy Beginnings.  Hmmm, I must be getting old?  I really need Dan Brown to come out with a new book to take me on another Robert Langdon adventure :]

No comments:

Post a Comment